We will begin practice tomorrow night (Tuesday 7/7). Thus far we have about 35 swimmers signed up so we do have a little more capacity if you know anyone looking to get some swim practices in, feel free to send them to Swimtopia website to sign up. We are fine with the smaller numbers but we do have capacity to have 24 people per practice session. This will be the last email I will send to prior season members. All other communications will be directed to current signed up parents. Here are some things to note about practice tomorrow:
1. Practice will be at MURPHY CANDLER Pool until the new Briarwood pool opens, which is expected on August 1st.
2. Parents will drop kids off at their assigned session. Coaches/Volunteers will take temperatures of all kids with our temporal thermometers. If any child registers a 100.4 or higher, they will be asked to leave. No exceptions. Please do not leave the parking area until you confirm that your child is in practice. No parents except for the few volunteers, will be allowed on the pool deck. If you are interested in volunteering, let me know. You will need to stay from 5:55 until 7:30. If your child has been exposed to someone with COVID, please keep them home from swim team until they have completed the suggested quarantine guidelines set by the CDC.
2. Right now, we currently have 14 6-8 year olds, 14 9-10 year olds, and 8 11+. With us being nowhere close to our 24 swimmer max, those will be the 3 sessions.
a. Session 1 (6-8 year olds): 6PM start- Please wait outside the fence at Murphy Candler until we are cleared to come in. The lifeguards will clean the pool from the regular use and then give us the go ahead to get started. Practice will last 30-35 minutes.
b. Session 2 (9-10 year olds): 6:45- 7:20. If we can get them in faster than we will but this will likely be the start time. Kids will wait outside until parent volunteers/coaches have approved and all the 6-8 year olds have cleared the deck.
c. Session 3 (11+ year olds): 7:25- lifeguards kick us out (8ish).
4. If a practice is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will send a text out from the Swimtopia app.
While we are excited for this upcoming season, being in the insurance business, I will say that it does not come without risk. We are taking appropriate precautions to make this as safe as we can. Please understand that we might have to make modifications to our plan in order to maintain the safety of our kiddos and families. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask. Thank you for your patience. If you have not reviewed the plan for reopening, it is attached again. Thanks!