What a crazy time since our last season. Everytime I went to send a note out to offer any sort of update on a potential season, I just didn't know what to say. About 2 weeks ago I started working with the parks and rec staff to discuss the options of having a season. The coaches are all on board for getting things going. We are obviously very concerned about spreading COVID-19 but we do feel that if there is a safe activity for our kiddos to get to do, it is swim team. We have worked hard to put together a plan that is extremely modified to keep the groups smaller, with very few people on the waiting deck, and unfortunately no meets. We might do some time trials and things like that to "race" but nothing is set in stone right now. Please see the attached proposal and let me know if you have any questions. Please email BriarwoodSwimTeam@gmail.com. I will probably open registration on Sunday. We will be looking to begin practice on July 7th and go until August 13 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Cost will be $75 for the season and will include the team t-shirt. There will be no special swim suits that need to be ordered this year. We will cap registration at 72 swimmers (3 practice sessions at a max of 24 swimmers). There will be no 5 year olds and only returning 6 year olds. The coaches WILL NOT be in the water with the kids. Briarwood pool is slated to open on Aug 1. YAY! So we will hold practice at Murphy Candler until it opens. The practices will be drop off only for the kids but we will need 4 parent volunteers to take temperatures, clean equipment in between sessions, and help make sure that we are keeping things running smooth and safe. These 4 parents will need to plan to stay from 5:50-7:30. ALL coaches and volunteers will need to wear a mask. I can provide a surgical mask if anyone forgets. If any coach or participant tests positive for COVID, we will stop practices for 2 weeks. Once again, do not hesitate to email Briarwoodswimteam@gmail.com with any questions.